Making a Difference…
Volunteers are a vital part of the CPHS team. Without them, we would not be able to perform many of the essential functions at our shelters. CPHS is always looking for eager volunteers to assist with the shelter animals and everyday responsibilities of shelter life. Whether you are interested in walking dogs, helping at events, or socializing cats, there is a place for you at CPHS. The animals are waiting for you…get started today!
For the safety of our animals and volunteers, we do have age requirements for our volunteers. Volunteers must be at least 18 years old to work with dogs and 16 years old to work with cats.
We do accept students to perform communtiy service hours for school, 9th grade and up. A parent must accompany the student for community service.
- Dog Walking
- Cage and Kennel Cleaning
- Dog and Cat Socializing
- Public Relations and Events Assistance
- Office Assistance
- Laundry and Dishes
- Customer Service – Greeter
- Digital Photography and Video (Website Photos & YouTube)
- Groundskeeping and Maintenance
- Thrift Shop: Stocking and Merchandising
- Pet Wellness Center: Office and Clerical Assistance
How To Get Started
1. Fill out and submit a volunteer application. Applications are available online and at the Central PA Humane Society.
2. Review the volunteer manual. Volunteers should be familiar with the policies and procedures detailed in the manual.
3. Attend orientation. Orientation provides volunteers with information on CPHS and on working with our resident animals. Orientations are scheduled on a monthly basis. Please contact us for a schedule of upcoming orientations.
For more information contact Tammi Ingham, volunteer coordinator by email or phone at 814-942-5402.
We look forward to working with you!